Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Colorado National Guard Foundation
The Colorado National Guard Foundation assists Soldiers and Airmen who are experiencing financial hardship. There are loans, grants and gift cards accessible to service members and families in need. The Foundation is available to all members of the Army and Air Guard. In order to be eligible, you must have at least one year left on your current enlistment. The Foundation replenishes its funds from loan repayment, the Combined Federal Campaign and donations.
CONG Foundation Financial Assistance Application
Another financial assistance option is available to CONG members during periods of State Active Duty exceeding 30 days and during deployments. The Military Family Relief Fund (MFRF) is a fund established by Colorado legislators and available to military personnel who meet certain criteria, which are listed below.
MFRF application and further information
For Colorado National Guard and Reserve Military Members:
· The Service Member is currently on active military duty for a minimum of thirty (30) days on mobilization orders.
· The Service Member of the family member has submitted a complete application.
· The Service Member is a Colorado resident for income tax purposes as evidenced by a Colorado income tax return for fiscal year.
· The Service Member must show a loss of household income due to deployment and/or submit receipts for emergency expenses that were incurred during the deployment.
· Request for reimbursement (with receipt) must be filed within six months from date of re-deployment.
For Colorado Active-Duty Military Members:
· The Service Member is deployed overseas and receiving hostile fire pay or the equivalent.
· The Service Member or the family member has submitted a complete application.
· The Service Member is a Colorado resident for income tax purposes as evidenced by a Colorado income tax return for the then current or previous fiscal year.
· The Service Member must show a loss of household income due to deployment and/or submit receipts for emergency expenses incurred during the deployment period.
Please contact your Soldier & Family Readiness Specialist (SFRS) to find out how to start the application process. Click here to contact your SFRS if you are an Army Service Member or click here if you are an Air Service Member.