947th Engineer Company
The 947th Engineers build anything and everything the Guard needs. From surveying and bulldozing to framing and wiring, engineers are responsible for taking on construction or demolition projects of any size from beginning to end. These projects can range from paving roads to setting up fortifications for hundreds of Soldiers.
Horizontal construction engineers use bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy equipment to move tons of earth and material to complete construction projects for the Army. They are also responsible for operating tractors with a dozen attachments, scoop loaders, backhoe loaders, hydraulic excavators, motorized graders and scrapers.
Job Duties of a 12N Horizontal Construction Engineer:
- Analyze the information on grade stakes and placing them
- Drive bulldozers, roadgraders and other heavy equipment to level earth
- Clear, grub, strip, excavate, backfill, stockpile and push scraper with tractor crawler
- Cut and spread fill material with scraper
- Transport heavy construction equipment with tractor-trailer
The unit is located in Montrose, CO. To contact the unit, dial 720-250-5600.