ROTC Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
With SMP, you participate in both the Guard and your college's ROTC program at the same time. During this two-year course, you'll be paired with and mentored by a unit officer, and get paid to drill once a month with your Guard unit. In addition, check out these benefits:
- Qualify for up to 100 percent tuition with the Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) scholarship.
- Earn a cash bonus, depending on your Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
- Receive a monthly allowance, based on your grade level.
- Get more money every month through the Montgomery GI Bill and Guard Kicker.
Best of all, upon graduation you'll receive your commission as a second lieutenant, and serve in either the National Guard or the Active Army. SMP is your key to success now and after graduation. Your recruiter has all the details.
- U.S. Citizen
- Meet the age requirements IAW AR 601-210, para 9-14e (5) and (6)
- Be enrolled in a full time regular course of instruction leading to a baccalaureate or advanced degree
- Have an AFQT of 31 or higher
- Must have a total score of 850 on the SAT (including the writing sample), a score of 85 on the PSAT, a score of 19 on the ACT or obtain a waiver to use the GT portion of the ASVAB per AR 601-210, para 9-14e(9).
- Have completed DA form 597/597-3 and NGB 594-1
- Meet moral standards defined in NGR 600-100
- Obtain a Chapter 2 MEPS Physical
- Have a validated checklist (HRR form 200) and control number via GCRc workflow prior to enlistment.