If you have a break in service and want to join the Colorado Army National Guard...
You already know the unmatched pride that comes from serving your country. The National Guard makes it easy for you to continue serving while receiving valuable benefits and increased flexibility in many aspects of your life. Serving part-time, you get to choose your life path now, deciding where you want to live, what your civilian career will look like, and more.
General Requirements for all Services
- Age – Must qualify for non-regular retired pay by age 60
- Physical – Must meet height/weight and current medical requirements
- Education – Must meet education standard for the MOS or option for which you are coming in as
- Background – Must have most current DD214, NGB22 or discharge order and have an approved DD Form 368 Conditional Release
Prior Service Officers, are you looking for a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to Join the CO Army National Guard? If so, please fill out the IST/ISR LOA
- Prior Service members could be required to attend Basic Combat Training (BCT) depending on the length of their break in service.
- ASVAB - applicants with a break in service of over 10 years must retake the ASVAB and establish current scores.
- Officers must have no adverse actions against you (e.g., Conduct Unbecoming or an Officer or two-time Non-Select).
- Officers must provide their last 3 Officer Evaluation Records (OER)
*SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE*The Officer Affiliation Bonus (OAFB) is offered to officers and warrant officers who are currently on Active Duty and who agree to affiliate into the Army National Guard into a critical skill position
The Officer Accession Bonus (OAB) is offered to newly commissioned officers and newly appointed warrant officers who serve in a traditional status in the Army National Guard. If you’re a current Guard enlisted Soldier who has never before held any commission as an officer or appointment as a warrant officer, and are accepting a commission or appointment into a critical skill position, you may qualify.