89th Troop Command
The 89th Troop Command is the Brigade level command element of over 1,500 Citizen-Soldiers filling the ranks of very diverse and specialized units. The 89th has everything from Special Forces to Space Support; Aviation to Infantry. Since September 11, 2001, more than 800 Citizen-Soldiers within the 89th have deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. The 89th has also contributed to Operation Noble Eagle, the Hurricane Katrina relief mission, Operation Jump Start (Southwest Border Mission), and numerous state missions here in the state of Colorado including the epic wildfire and flood disasters in 2013. 89th Troop Command is based out of the Denver Armory, Denver, CO.
The following battalions and companies fall under 89th Troop Command:
5th Bn., 19th Special Forces Group (Airborne) - Watkins
193rd Military Police Bn. (I/R) - Denver
HHC 193rd Military Police - Denver
- 220th Military Police Co. - Denver
- 1157th Firefighter Co. - Colorado Springs
- 947th Engineer Co. - Colorado Springs
2-135th General Support AVN Bn. (GSAB) - Buckley AFB, Aurora
- HHC 2-135th GSAB
- A Co., 2-135th GSAB
- E Co., 2-135th GSAB
- Det 1, B Co. 2-135th GSAB
- Det 1, G Co. 2-135th GSAB
- 131 AVIM (Maintenance) Co.
- D Co., 3/140th Medevac Company
117th Space Support Bn - Colorado Springs
- HHC 117th Space Bn.
- 217th Space Co.
- 1158th Space Co.
1-157th Infantry Bn. - Colorado Springs
- HHC 1-157th INF - Colorado Springs
- A Co. 1-157th INF - Colorado Springs
- B Co. 1-157th INF - Ft Lupton
- C Co. 1-157th INF - Grand Junction
- D Co. 1-157th INF (Weapons Co.) - Alamosa
- 1157th Forward Support Co. - Windsor
To contact the unit, call
720-250-2701. You can also view a
map of all the COARNG’s units across the state or check out the
COARNG’s overall unit structure.