Mesa County, Colo. – The Western Region One Source is hosting a Veterans Administration Resource Tour event on July 29, from 12:00 p.m. to 5 p.m., followed by a town hall meeting beginning at 6 p.m. Participating in outreach and partnering with the VA is one way the WROS is living their mission to “Serve Colorado’s Veteran, Military Members and their Families.”
The Resource Tour is intended to provide veterans and their support members an opportunity, free of charge, in a neutral setting, to find, connect and ultimately engage in resources that improve the lives of all veterans and their families. The outreach event is a convenient way to have partnering and complimentary entities together in a single location. (Much like a job fair.)
“Bringing veteran support organizations to our facility and serving them in a way that improves their lives, is one way our staff can fulfill our mission and thank veterans for the service they have already given,” Joanne Iglesias, Department of Veterans Affairs West Director, said. “State, federal and non-profit partnerships in Western Colorado come natural to us.”
Vendors participating in this outreach event include, but are not limited to:
• Eagle County Veteran Service Officer and Mesa County State Veteran Service Officer
• The Vet Center
• Western Region One Source and Veteran’s Memorial Cemetery of Western Colorado
• VA Western Colorado Health Care System
• DEERS Representative (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System/TriCare card)
• Colorado Discover Ability
• Mesa County Workforce Center
• The Vet’s Art Center & Operation Revamp
• Rocky Mountain Human Services
• VFW Post #3981
• 2-1-1, ADRC & Hilltop’s Health Access
• Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
• Grand Valley Equine Assisted Learning Center
• American Legion Post #37
• TMS Solutions
“Partnering with the Western Region One Source is a natural fit for VA employees to connect with veterans,” Kayla Holst, Grand Junction VA Western Colorado Health Care System Director of Communication and Community Development, said. “The facility access and public awareness is convenient for everyone.”
Outreach event details are:
• Wednesday, July 29, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. to 5 p.m. No appointment is needed, this is a drop-in event. The VA Town Hall begins at 6 p.m., and will be in-person.
• Location: The Western Region One Source, 482 28 Road, Grand Junction, Colo.
• No charge, this event is free and open to the public, with a strong emphasis on veterans and their support/family members. Anyone with a veteran nexus should attend.
Anyone interested in being a vendor at this event should contact Heather Benjamin, Property Administrator, by calling (970) 257-3764.
Other upcoming outreach/resource events:
• Resource tour and town hall meeting with the Veteran’s Hospital Administration, July 22, in Craig, Colo.
• Resource tour and town hall meeting with the Veteran’s Hospital Administration, Sept. 16, in Montrose, Colo.
COVID-19 Note: Social distancing, masks and no hand shaking will be practiced at all public events and inside the WROS building by all DMVA West state staff and patrons. Masks are required to be worn inside the building due to the Governor’s mandate.