FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Sunday June 23, 2013
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE COLORADO NATIONAL GUARD CONTACT:
Colorado National Guard Public Affairs
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (6/23/13) – The Colorado National Guard is currently supporting incident commanders at three different fires throughout the state of Colorado; the West Fork fire complex, and the East Peak and Lime Gulch fires.
WEST FORK COMPLEX FIRE:
Task Force-Security (includes security, firefighters and communications):
· Twelve Colorado National Guard Soldiers of the 1157th Engineer Firefighting Company, along with their high capacity off-road firefighting trucks and water tenders, are supporting firefighting efforts at the West Fork Complex fire.
· National Guard Soldiers and Airmen are arriving to man multiple checkpoints around the fire area in support of local law enforcement.
· Colorado Air National Guard Airmen are arriving to providing a phone, internet and radio communications platform to facilitate communications between civil and military authorities.
· Colorado Army National Guard Soldiers are arriving to provide geographic imaging support to the incident commander
EAST PEAK FIRE:
· One Colorado Army National Guard CH-47 Chinook helicopter and crew with Bambi Bucket capable of dropping up to 2,000 gallons of water at a time
· One Colorado Army National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter and crew with Bambi Bucket capable of dropping up to 500 gallons of water at a time
· Nearly 104,000 gallons of water have been dropped by Colorado Army National Guard Helicopters on the East Peak fire as of June 22.
Task Force-Security (includes security, firefighting and communications):
· Colorado Army National Guard Soldiers are manning multiple checkpoints around the fire area in support of the Huerfano County Sheriff.
· Fifteen Soldiers are providing firefighting support on hand-crew teams
· Colorado Air National Guard Airmen are currently providing a phone, internet and radio communications platform to facilitate communications between civil and military authorities.
LIME GULCH FIRE:
· One UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter outfitted with a hoist is on standby for medevac and search-and-rescue operations, if needed
For information about the Colorado National Guard, contact Colorado National Guard Public Affairs, email@example.com or 720-250-1053.
For latest updates on the Colorado National Guard, follow us on Twitter @CONG1860.
Also follow #EastPeakFire, #WestForkFire, #LimeGulchFire, and #cofire.
Current CONG news releases:
East Peak firefighting: http://bit.ly/10L2PIL
1157th Engineer Firefighter Company: http://bit.ly/17Yzqgs
Colorado National Guard firefighting: http://bit.ly/1bvVyfb
High-altitude Army National Guard Aviation Training Site: http://bit.ly/19uP4k9
National Guard firefighting: http://bit.ly/KZQeZI
Bambi-Bucket® drops, East Peak fire: http://bit.ly/10L2PIL
Bambi-Bucket® drops, Black Forest fire: http://bit.ly/11N6Fiq
Bambi-Bucket® drops, High Park fire: http://bit.ly/17H61HJ
UH-60 Black Hawk: http://1.usa.gov/6kraJa
CH-47 Chinook: http://1.usa.gov/12g4Iaj
http://co.ng.mil | http://co.ng.mil/Facebook | http://co.ng.mil/Twitter | http://co.ng.mil/Youtube | http://co.ng.mil/Flickr